COPA Convention & Trade Show begins tomorrow
The National 2017 Canadian Owners and Pilots’ Association (COPA) Convention and Trade Show runs from June 23 to 24. Kelowna International Airport (YLW) and the Kelowna & District Flying Club are inviting the public to attend this family-friendly event.
“We’re very excited to be co-hosting this event. Our partnership with COPA is one that YLW is proud to support and foster,” said Sam Samaddar, YLW Airport Director. “Small aircraft owners and operators are key to the success of our airport and ensure that the passion for aviation remains strong in our community.”
Over a dozen aviation exhibitors are offering aircraft for display, including small home-builds, amphibious, private charter and highly prized multi-million-dollar aircraft. Visitors can also expect under-the-wing camping, an aviation trade show, several breakout sessions and a banquet dinner.
“We’d love to see the community come out and support this event,” said Pam Nelson, Event Coordinator. “For the first time in history, we’ll be seeing nearly 200 private aircraft on display in the south-east corner of the airport. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to view and learn about these unique aircraft.”
COPA Convention and Trade Show Schedule of Public Events
Friday, June 23
- Plane watching as many small aircraft arrive.
- Exhibitor Hall opens at UBCO EME building: over 30 exhibitors (free admission).
- Static Display at YLW: access next to Old Vernon Road dog park (admission $5/person; $10/family of four- no dogs please)
Saturday, June 24
- Plane watching as many small aircraft continue to arrive and depart.
- Exhibitor Hall open at UBCO EME building.
- Static Display at YLW.
- Banquet dinner with Aviation VIPs, Keynote Speaker and entertainment (Tickets are $75 each for non-delegates).
For more information on the COPA Convention and Trade Show, visit: http://copaagm2017.ca.