Frequently asked questions
If you are travelling within Canada, you should be at the airport no later than 90 minutes prior to the departure of your flight.
If you are travelling internationally, you should be at the airport at least two hours before departure.
There is no reservation system for parking; however, with over 2,600 parking stalls you shouldn't have any trouble finding parking.
YLW also has a Gold Pass program for the lot directly in front of the terminal. See the parking information page regarding the Gold Pass program and parking fees.
Due to COVID-19, the shuttle service has been temporarily suspended.
YLW is committed to helping passengers who face everyday challenges by removing barriers and offering additional services.
Passengers with special needs are welcome to contact YLW's Administration Office with any questions about the services or amenities listed below. We also encourage those who require special assistance to inform their airline of their specific needs.
Additional information about the screening process can be obtained from the Canadian Transportation Agency's website at cta-otc.gc.ca.
Throughout our airport, YLW strives to maintain a fully accessible facility. Amenities include:
- Accessible parking stalls
- Automatic doors
- Covered loading bridges
- Accessible washrooms
- Elevators and ramped walkways
YLW also offers a variety service to assist passengers with physical challenges. Please note some of these services have been temporarily suspended in response to COVID-19.
- Wheelchairs are available at the airline check-in desk or by request of an Airport Ambassador.
- Security Escort Passes are available at the airline check-in counter. These temporary passes allow a family member or aid to escort a passenger, in need of special assistance, through security to their departure gate. Our specially trained Airport Ambassadors are also available to escort passengers with special needs through pre-board screening into the departures area.
- Text phone teletype centre is located in the arrivals terminal (to the immediate left of the car rental booths) and near the business centre in the departures lounge. Pay text phone teletype centres are available for hearing or speech-impaired patrons.
- Service animals can be relieved in the designated landscaping to the right of the Arrivals exit doors. Please note: due to a local bylaw other pets are not allowed in the terminal, unless properly contained within their traveling cases.
- Language assistance can be provided in most circumstances. Contact Airport Administration to inquire about employees or volunteers that speak various languages, including sign language.
- Accessible ground transportation can be provided by many of our car rental agencies, taxi and shuttle companies; however, advanced booking is required. For a list of accommodating companies and their contact information, please visit our transportation page.
Despite the fact that cannabis is legal in Canada, it is illegal now and will remain illegal to transport cannabis across Canada's national and international borders.
It is the responsibility of those passing through YLW to understand and adhere to all applicable local, provincial, federal and international regulations regarding the carriage and possession of cannabis. Transporting cannabis across international borders is illegal. You could be subject to criminal charges if you try to travel to other countries with any amount of cannabis in your possession.
If you are entering Canada and you have cannabis with you in any form, you must declare it to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA).
Yes, all bikes being must be packed in a bike box or bag and be checked as oversized baggage. Please ensure your bag/box can be opened for inspection. All bikes need to be hand searched by security.
Contact your airline directly for information on height and weight restrictions for travelling with a bike.
YLW is committed to providing a safe, secure and healthy airport experience for everyone. We provide a smoke and vape-free environment inside the airport—at all times and for all substances—and have designated smoking and vaping areas outside the terminal building for public use.
There are two smoking areas located at YLW. A covered smoking area with seating is located at the south end of the terminal building, near the Valet Parking lot.
An alternate smoking area is located at the north end of the terminal, outside of the arrivals area.
ID requirements can vary depending on whether you are travelling domestically or internationally so you please check with your airline. Be sure to have valid government issued photo identification for all flights. All passengers, including Canadian and U.S. citizens, are required to present a valid passport when travelling by air between Canada and the United States.
If you are not a Canadian or American and you are travelling to the United States, please apply for Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA). ESTA is an online application system developed by the United States government to pre-screen travellers before they are allowed to travel into the U.S.
Specific documentation may be required for children under 18, especially if they are travelling without a parent or guardian. Confirm details with your airline or visit the Government of Canada Travel website at travel.gc.ca for more information about travelling with children.
Requirements for travelling with a pet can vary, depending on the airline. For specific questions about travelling with a pet in the cabin or as cargo, please contact your airline directly.
At YLW, a relieving area for pets has been designated in the landscaping to the right of the Arrivals exit doors. Please note that due to a local bylaw dogs and pets in general, other than service animals, are not allowed in the terminal unless properly contained in their travelling case.
Please check the status of your flight on your airline's website or contact your airline directly for more information about delays or rebooking.
If the flight has been cancelled, do not come to the airport but instead rebook from home. If the flight is delayed but scheduled to operate, check the status of the flight and leave plenty of time to check in.
Please contact your airline directly for questions regarding delayed baggage.
Pacific Coastal Airlines
Central Mountain Air
Air North, Yukon's Airline
1-800-661-0407 ext. 778
There is a $25 Airport Improvement Fee at YLW for each departing (non-connecting) passenger.
This fee is collected by the airlines on behalf of YLW when your ticket is purchased. For further details concerning this fee, contact the Airport Administration office at 250-807-4300.
At this time, YLW does not have luggage storage facilities.
YLW is a no-drone zone.
Drone and personal aircraft usage laws are strictly monitored and enforced at YLW. These laws help us ensure that we keep people and aircraft safe—at all times.
As of June 1, 2019, new Transport Canada regulations apply to all remotely piloted aircraft (RPA) operating in Canadian airspace. For more information about drone authorization and filming, visit our Drones & Filming page.