Kelowna International Airport is seeking companies to develop vacant land at our premium facility. As a primary economic generator in the region with a large base of aviation, industrial and hi-tech businesses, YLW is well positioned for future growth.
YLW is British Columbia's second gateway airport, connecting you to the entire Okanagan Valley, a four-season destination. Kelowna is situated on the eastern shore of Okanagan Lake between Penticton in the south and Vernon in the north. With fantastic local amenities, ready access to Highway 97 and close proximity to suppliers and transportation, YLW is the ideal location for your business.
Contact us at YLWdevelopment@kelowna.ca for more information about development opportunities at the airport.
Top ten advantages to locating YOUR business at YLW:
1. Strategically located on HWY-97 Okanagan-Corridor
2. Competitive lease rates and tax climate
3. Runway length of 8,900 ft
4. Multiple land use types and sizes: Commercial, Destination, Industrial, Logistics and Aviation
5. Connectivity to multiple transportation service providers and networks
6. 10 minutes to downtown Kelowna and 10 minutes to Lake Country
7. Fastest growing city in the Central Okanagan and 4th fastest growing city in Canada with six distinct communities
8. Located in the most entrepreneurial region
9. 10th busiest airport in Canada, serving over two million passengers in 2018 and 2019
10. Available long-term leases provide business stability
YLW has completed zoning, servicing and roadway requirements to welcome new businesses at the airport.
- Light industrial or commercial sites available (zoned CD12)
- Parcels from two to 14 acres available
- Direct access to Highway 97 and with easy access to the Okanagan Highway Corridor
Available properties have excellent highway exposure and are adjacent to the terminal for retail, entertainment and hospitality developments.
- Parcels up to eight acres (zoned CD12)
Conceptual designs for Phase 1 development at YLW is now complete. This location will accommodate Fixed based operators (FBO), fuelling facilities, maintenance repair operators (MRO), and manufacturing facilities.
- 12 HA of developable land
- Future parallel taxiway