Spring into travel at YLW
Kelowna International Airport (YLW) is hosting its annual Spring Travel Show Saturday, March 9 from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Guests can meet with airlines, travel agents, hotels and resorts to get helpful travel tips and information on popular destinations.
“This year, we have a fantastic lineup of new airlines and participants attending our travel show,” said Sam Samaddar, Airport Director. “With over $10,000 in prizes to be won, there’s no better time to attend to learn about the destinations available to the community.”
This year, YLW and its partners are giving away 15 prize packages, including:
- Vacation package for two to Whitehorse, Yukon courtesy of Air North, and Northern Vision Development
- $2,500 travel voucher to Europe, courtesy of Edmonton International Airport
- Three round trip airfare prizes courtesy of Swoop, WestJet, Central Mountain Air, Flair, and Pacific Coastal Airlines
- Ski package for four at SilverStar Mountain Resort
- Ground transportation prizes with Kelowna Concierge and Ebus
- Accommodation prizes courtesy of Sheraton Four Points and Fairfield Inn and Suites
- Plus many more!
All funds raised will be donated to the local chapter of the Civil Air Search and Rescue Society (CASARA). CASARA is a national volunteer organization dedicated to providing air search support services. Volunteers at CASARA are on-call 24 hours a day to assist those in need of search and rescue. To learn more, visit casara.ca
Ballots for the prize draw are $5 for 1 or $10 for 3 and will only be available at the event.
Free parking will be provided in the long-term parking lot during event hours from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Attendees are required to bring in their parking voucher to be validated. The event will also include complimentary wine tasting, delectable bites and live entertainment.
For more information and a list of participants visit ylw.kelowna.ca/travelshow