Travel requirements at YLW
Starting Friday, July 3, YLW will require masks or face coverings be worn at all times while in the public areas of the terminal.
Due to an increase in air service and passengers, all arriving and departing passengers, airport employees and visitors who enter the terminal will be required to wear a mask or face covering, with some exceptions. Children under the age of two, and individuals with medical conditions that prevent mask usage are exempt. Masks may be temporarily removed when eating and drinking. Find out more about exceptions.
Please bring a mask with you to the airport. Masks may be available for purchase at YLW; however, supplies may be limited. We are working diligently to keep masks, hand sanitizer and wipes in stock for travellers who wish to purchase these items at the airport.
- The Public Health Agency of Canada requires airlines to conduct health checks of all travellers before they board an aircraft.
- The health check may be administered by an airline employee at the check-in counter or at the boarding gates. Get more details.
- The Government of Canada is advising against all non-essential international travel.
- Airlines have been directed by the Government of Canada to prevent all travellers who present symptoms of COVID-19 from boarding a plane when travelling internationally and air travel within Canada.
- The Canada-U.S. land border travel restrictions are in effect. Under these restrictions, the Canada-U.S. land border will be closed to all non-essential travel, remaining open only for commercial operations and people who need to cross for essential work.
- As per BC’s medical health officer, if you are returning from an international trip, it is mandatory for you to self-isolate for 14-days and to complete and submit a self-isolation plan. If you are a returning Canadian or on essential business travel you will be allowed in.
- Domestic travellers who arrive in B.C. are not required to self-isolate. Some provinces and territories may have extra regulations about interprovincial travel. Please check your destination for COVID-19 related domestic travel information.
- Continue to monitor updates from your airline and the Government of Canada as information is changing every day.
Flights to Mexico, Las Vegas, Phoenix and Seattle are not currently operating. Airlines have reduced service across their flight networks to respond to COVID-19.
All scheduled commercial flights arriving from international destinations will land at one of four Canadian airports (Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto and Montreal)
Changes to airport services
Long-Term Parking Lot is now open
With the COVID-19 public health issue continuing to evolve, temporary changes to airport parking have been implemented until further notice:
- The Long-Term Parking Lot reopened June 17. Long-term parking rates will apply: $1.75 for the first hour and $2.75 for every additional hour, up to $14 daily. Weekly rate of $70.
- The Short-Term Lot remains open. All vehicles who entered the lot prior to June 17 will pay long-term parking rates. After June 17, short-term parking rates will apply: $1.75 for the first hour and $2.75 for each additional hour, up to $21.00 daily.
- For more information about parking at YLW, visit our Parking page.
For current airport services and hours, visit our COVID-19 page.