Airport Terminal Building Expansion
Kelowna International Airport (YLW) is B.C.’s second gateway airport, connecting passengers and goods to the entire Okanagan Valley. As a regional economic hub, the capacity of YLW is vital to support flights to move people and goods throughout the Okanagan region and beyond. This critical terminal expansion project will increase capacity by making efficient use of the existing and new spaces, while minimizing environmental footprints and overall costs. The Airport Terminal Building (ATB) expansion will be crucial to ensure we can continue to accept air service and help bolster the regional economy.
In spring 2022, YLW began enabling works for the ATB expansion. Construction is anticipated to begin in 2023, with phase 1 complete in 2026.
CLICK HERE TO WATCH A VIDEO OF THE PLANNED ATB EXPANSION
Phase 1 includes:
- expanded Departures Lounge to improve connections to aircraft gates and increase food and beverage options
- expanded security screening area to reduce the time it takes to clear security
- new direct access to south gates for departing and arriving passengers
- improved wayfinding
Phase 2 includes:
- expanded terminal building for relocated domestic arrivals area with new baggage carousels
- repurposed existing arrivals area to accommodate larger area for international arrivals and CBSA
- further expansion of the Departures Lounge to increase capacity
- relocated rental car, shuttle and tourism booths