Accessibility at YLW
Kelowna International Airport (YLW) is committed to helping passengers who face everyday challenges by removing barriers and offering additional services.
Passengers with special needs are welcome to contact YLW's Administration Office with any questions about the services or amenities listed below. We also encourage those who require special assistance to inform their airline of their specific needs.
Additional information about the screening process can be obtained from the Canadian Transportation Agency's website www.cta-otc.gc.ca.
View this page through the Access to Travel website.
Throughout our airport, YLW strives to maintain a fully accessible facility. Amenities include:
- Accessible parking stalls
- Automatic doors
- Covered loading bridges
- Accessible washrooms
- Elevators and ramped walkways
YLW also offers a variety service to assist passengers with physical challenges.
- Accessible Parking: Accessible drop-off locations are available in front the terminal building. Accessible parking is available in the rows closest to the terminal building, in the short- and long-term lots. See parking map. YLW also offers a Temporary Accessible Parking Permit Program. The intent of this program is to allow travellers to take their current Accessible Parking Permit with them as they travel, so it can be used at their destination. A permit can be picked up from the Airport Valet Booth- call 778-753-3735.
- Autism Travel Resources: YLW has partnered with Canucks Autism Network to develop a resource kit to assist families and individuals living with autism. Access the kit.
- Wheelchairs are available at the airline check-in desk or by request of an Airport Ambassador.
- Security Escort Passes are available at the airline check-in counter. These temporary passes allow for a family member or aid to escort a passenger in need of special assistance through security to their departure gate. Our specially trained Airport Ambassadors are also available to escort passengers with special needs through pre-board screening into the departures area.
- Text phone teletype centre is located in the arrivals terminal (to the immediate left of the car rental booths) and near the business centre in the departures lounge. Pay text phone teletype centres are available for hearing or speech-impaired patrons.
- Service animals can be relieved in the designated landscaping to the right of the Arrivals exit doors. Please note that due to a local bylaw other dogs and pets in general are not allowed in the terminal unless properly contained within their traveling cases.
- Language assistance can be provided in most circumstances. Contact Airport Administration to inquire about employees or volunteers that speak various languages, including sign language.
- Accessible ground transportation can be provided by many of our car rental agencies, taxi and shuttle companies; however, advanced booking is required. For a list of accommodating companies and their contact information, please visit our transportation page.